Yesterday I published my goals for 2016. This seems a popular post for bloggers right now with some of my friends posting theirs too (Amy and Emily being two of them and we’ve decided to keep each other accountable) but I also want to post monthly goals to break down my yearly goals nicely.
So my January goals are as follows:
- Get at least 4 posts up on Keene On Saving this month
- Get non time sensitive content scheduled in advance
- Write at least two guest posts for others
- Build up my Instagram following and interaction
- Find at least one long term client
- Start planning for the ideas I have had
- Update my work website regularly and promote it more
- Enter at least five writing competitions. I’ve already entered two this year (yes, two were entered on the 1st of January) so that leaves another three. I am going to enter one that is free of restrictions then two (or more, if I feel like it!) that have a specific theme. I will use this fantastic website to find them.
- Read at least 11 books this month. I have already read two but since I have now set my 2016 reading challenge, I now know how many I need to keep on track to reach my overall goal.
- Get decluttering and donate/sell what I can
- Hustle for more work to help me achieve my overall financial goals
- Keep adding small amounts to my savings account
HEALTH & FITNESS GOALS
- Lose 0.5lb to 1lb a week – I want to lose 1lb this week to hit my half stone but also feel this is an achievable and realistic weight loss goal for the month
- Walk more – I will be getting more walking in once Jack gets back to school but rather than going straight home (unless I absolutely have to), I am planning on going for a long walk two to three times a week before picking him up.
- Get exercising – It doesn’t matter how but I aim to get some exercise (that isn’t walking) in somewhere
Do you set yourself monthly goals in order to make your overall goals achievable? If so, what are your January goals?