Every year I set myself goals for the year ahead and with last year being no different, I thought it would be nice to once again share my goals for the year – so read on for my goals for 2016.
Last year I wrote some blogging goals and some health & fitness goals. This year I want to set some blogging goals, freelancing goals, personal goals, financial goals and health goals. I’m not doing things by half this time around!
- To find a better balance – get content that isn’t time sensitive scheduled in advance. I no longer want to be writing things up just before publishing them unless it is extremely time sensitive content.
- Get back to publishing on Keene On Saving – It has taken a back seat over the last few months and I am sad about that, want to bring it back up again.
- Get guest posting again – No idea where I will fit this in but I will, somehow.
- Keep being confident and saying no if I don’t think something is right for me.
- Utilise different aspects of the blog more – I am currently focusing on Instagram but I want to try out different methods on different things over the whole year.
- Get a couple of long term clients – Most of my work is short term, one off things. I do have a few clients who always come back to me though.
- Build up my work website – post on it more, make sure everything is being updated as and when needed and promote it more.
- Get cracking on a few different ideas – I am bursting with ideas so need to get them down and get started on them.
- Become a staff writer for another blog – It is something I have always wanted to do since finding out some bloggers have staff writers so this is one of my aims for 2016.
- Enter more writing competitions in 2016 – I entered one right at the tail end of 2015 and am entering one today but I want to make this a regular occurrence in 2016.
- Complete my Goodreads reading challenge.
- Get as close to debt free as possible, even debt free if I can – This is my big one but obviously needs help from others.
- Double my income from 2015 – I am going to sit down and work out the figures for the whole year and then try to double that in 2016. I will aim to do this by picking up more jobs, being more proactive.
- Get my savings account healthy – I had some money saved but had to use it when the car failed its MOT. Hopefully I can add to it again. I’ve already decided to use any small income (i.e cashouts from Qmee or Fiverr) to boost my savings account.
- Declutter and sell/donate what I can. Any money from items I sell will go into my savings.
HEALTH & FITNESS GOALS
- Lose two stone – I can’t remember if this is the figure I gave at Slimming World when I started but I’ve lost almost half a stone and would like to lose another two stone *for now*. If I lose more, I will be even happier.
- Exercise more – Walk more than I am doing now, use our exercise bike more. I’m also planning on getting an exercise DVD or two and even attending one of the local exercise sessions.
- Feel healthier and happier in my skin in general – Eating cleaner and just generally taking care of myself – perhaps consider seeing a private psychologist London.
So these are my goals for 2016 – what goals do you have?
Post contains some affiliate links