Yesterday I turned 29 – and it got me to thinking…how have I got on with my 30 before 30 list? If I am being perfectly honest, I had actually forgot about it – whoops! I have revisited it and am happy to see that I have managed to achieve a few – and let’s not forget I still have 364 days to complete as many of the rest as I can.
1. Finish writing my novel and hopefully get it published. If not, I plan on self publishing – This hasn’t happened. A lot has happened in the last few years and I just haven’t had the time.
2. Hopefully have another child or two. Will have to rely on nature for this one! – Yes, I’ve been pregnant twice since I made this list. Unfortunately one ended in a miscarriage, however if that hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t have got pregnant with Olivia and have her in my life now.
3. Finish reading through my entire Agatha Christie collection. I have had some for almost 13 years, oops – Another one that hasn’t happened due to timing. Hopefully this year!
4. Finally get round to meeting Sarah. It will happen, people! – This also hasn’t happened yet but I would love to meet her this year.
5. Buy a house. This means a lot of work and a lot of saving. – I don’t see this happening before I turn 30.
6. Completely clear any debt we have. Except for the mortgage if we buy a house – I am hoping to go into my thirties debt free but this hasn’t happened yet.
7. Finish re reading all of the Point Horror books – I haven’t achieved this yet, mainly because I haven’t been able to source all the books yet and I am not paying silly prices on eBay for them!
8. Get married. Because, you know, we’ve been engaged a while now – Yep, this hasn’t happened but hopefully soon. We don’t need a big old wedding.
9. Visit Greenway, Agatha Christie’s home in Devon – This hasn’t happened yet but I love Devon, it could happen this year.
10. Make plans to go on the Orient Express. Perhaps this could tie in with a wedding, it would be a lovely honeymoon – This is so expensive, it is very unlikely to happen.
11. Visit Highgate Cemetery. It really intrigues me – I haven’t visited yet but perhaps this could be a day trip for the summer.
12. Watch our complete DVD collection. We’ve got lots of DVD’s and quite a few haven’t yet been watched… – This hasn’t happened yet but is actually much more achievable now as we decluttered a lot of our DVD’s.
13. Watch Dexter from beginning to end. I never watched it all the way through but I really want to – Not yet but I’ve still got 364 days and I am just finishing up the 9th and final series of Forensic Files on Netflix so who knows?
14. Finally finish watching Desperate Housewives all of the way through. I’m currently stuck in the middle of season 2 – I was actually doing well with this and then Sky removed the boxset! I am going to see if Virgin have it now we are back with them.
15. Actually do something with my YouTube channel. I’ve made 3 videos so far but still not quite brave enough to be on camera – Finally something I can say I have sort of achieved! There are definitely a lot more videos on my YouTube channel now but I haven’t done much on there for quite some time.
16. Visit the Harry Potter studios. I have no excuse, it isn’t as if they are that far from where I live – You would think I would have achieved this by now, seeing as it is down the road from me but nope. Hopefully this year!
17. Go and see The Mousetrap, a play by Agatha Christie – This has been on my bucket list for YEARS and yet I still haven’t managed it. Whoops!
18. Go to a book festival. Because I love all the books – I actually managed to achieve this a mere few weeks after writing my list – read all about my trip to Paris and a literary festival here.
19. See Derren Brown – This hasn’t happened yet and I am not too sure it will happen before I am 30.
20. Ride in a hot air balloon – I haven’t done this yet but there’s still time, right?
21. Watch every single film on a top 100 list – probably IMDB’s – A film every 3.64 days should make this achievable, right? Does it count as cheating if I have already seen some and tick them off as completed on the list or do I have to rewatch them? Decisions, decisions.
22. See the Northern Lights. I want to travel more, much more – This could happen, this could not. We are waiting on some money to come through and the Northern Lights is something that both Steve and I are interested in so who knows?
23. Go for afternoon tea with my Mum or best friend (or both!) – I’ve managed this! Read all about my afternoon tea at Moggerhanger Park here.
24. Write an article for a magazine or newspaper – This hasn’t happened as such. I’ve written for some different companies online and some online mags, I’ve appeared in a magazine but haven’t actually written an article for a magazine or newspaper as such. I’d count this as half a win.
25. Host a dinner party – I’d say this is an ish. Steve cooked a homemade Chinese buffet for family which I suppose counts?
26. Attend at least 5 gigs – Nope, this is a fail.
27. Visit the British Library – I wish I could say this had been achieved but no.
28. Start looking into my family tree again – I haven’t done this yet but it is something I am planning on doing this year.
29. Go to see a musical in the West End – I haven’t done this but my friend and I are planning to do so this year.
30. Learn something new. Whether it is a new language or how to sew.. just something new – I’ve definitely learned a few more things along the way since I originally wrote the list but nothing as good as a new language or how to sew. There’s always time though!
So I’ve got 364 days to achieve as much of this list as possible. How do you think I will do?