We were sent a My First Scalextric for the purpose of review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.
Jack is very into toys and cars at the moment so when we were offered the chance to review a My First Scalextric, I was sure Jack would love it. Priced at £39.99, the set is the ideal start for young drivers.
The set is for ages 3+ and has an easy to assemble figure of eight track. It comes with two rally cars (red and yellow) and adjustable power hand controllers colour coded to match the circuit chevrons. Magnatraction technology helps keep the cars on the track and speed can be adjusted according to skill level.
The set is fully compatible with the Micro Scalextric range of sets and cars so you can extend your track and add new cars if you like. So what does the My First Scalextric claim to help with? Hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity, risk-reward thinking and even motor skill development. Now Jack’s hand/eye coordination isn’t great so anything that claims to help him with this has a thumbs up from me.
So what did we think?
Jack loved it. He spent ages just speeding the cars around the track and it kept Olivia mesmerised too. He adjusted the speed level depending on how he was feeling. He loved it because the concept is so simple – racing some cars around the track. He could play by himself, in control of both cars. He could play with me or Daddy – even Olivia tried to have a go. He really enjoyed it and really wants to get some of the Micro Scalextric range so he can get some more cars and extend his track.
Personally I loved it too. You don’t need lots of fancy things in a toy to keep children occupied – sometimes the most simplest of concepts are the best. We had lots of laughs playing together; seeing who could beat each other and occasionally knocking each other off the track when we hadn’t attached our cars properly. I love that Jack could play for hours without getting bored and that Olivia was interested too – what more do you want from a toy than the whole family being able to have fun playing with it? We were very impressed.
Terms and Conditions:
- Open to UK participants only of 18 years and over
- Ends 30th October 2017 at 23.59pm
- 1 (one) winner will receive 1 (one) My First Scalextric
- The prize will be delivered to the winner upon receipt of their email contact details
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner