There are several dos and don’ts when it comes to a woman preparing for homecoming night. Here are some of them:
- Make sure that you only wear your dress once. This means that you do not need to break the bank when you are buying your homecoming dress. Some of the best places to look are bargain stores, online deals, thrift shops, or visit a trusted Chicago dress retail store.
- Choose a dress that is not very long. It is the fashion code that homecoming dresses should be short because of the time of the year when homecoming is held.
- Make sure that all of the dancing that you are doing at homecoming is classy. It is important to remember that you are not at a night club so you want to dance like a lady and not a wild woman who is drunk.
- Get your hair done. Even though you want a professional to do your hair, it is important not to spend too much money on the hairdo. A professional can make sure that your hair looks just as good as the other girls at homecoming.
- Make sure that everyone is able to split the price of the limo. If someone tries to back out, then tell them that they are not allowed to ride in the limo.
- Take all of your homecoming pictures with a real camera instead of just the camera on your phone. You are probably going to want to print out these pictures as memories of your high school days.
- Wearing a strapless dress even if you have a larger chest – This should not be done because the dress will fall down so you just need something that you can put your arms through.
- Carry a purse that is very huge – This is because you are going to be doing a lot of dancing and walking around with your friends. It is a good idea to carry a small purse to the homecoming dance with you.
- Wear shoes with very high heels – This goes back to all of the dancing that you are going to be doing. Wearing very high heels are going to be painful and they are not worth the pain. Flats are a lot easier to dance in.
- Wait until the last minute to buy your homecoming dress – This is because all of the good dresses might be sold out and you will probably end up paying a lot more money for your homecoming dress.
- Wear a dress that has spaghetti straps – This is because they can cause a lot of problems. Plus, there is a chance of the straps breaking while you are dancing. You definitely do not want to be the girl at the dance with a broken dress.
- Acting like a wallflower – If you do not have a date for homecoming, it does not mean that you can’t dance. All you have to do is to grab some friends and bust a move on the dance floor.
Remember these do’s and don’ts and have a memorable homecoming.