Hi there, everyone!
Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days, a few things have been going on in my life that needed sorting out.
Anyway, today I got paid! RESULT! So I decided to visit the local charity shops and see what I could find.
To be honest, there wasn’t much around to be honest. I bought two books, ‘The Interpretation of Murder’ by Jed Rubenfield, a book set in Manhattan in 1909 (looks pretty interesting!), and ‘A Woman’s Courage’ by Jacqueline Gold, the woman who began the Ann Summers chain. This definitely looks like it could be an interesting read and I can’t wait to start reading it.
However, my favourite buy of the day was a scarf I found in Scope for £2. I’ve been wearing it down the pub tonight, and quite a few people complimented me on it. It looks pretty expensive, but I’ve only just noticed that its from Primark! Its absolutely gorgeous though!
How gorgeous is the print on this scarf though?
I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it! I know that considering the scarfs from Primark, that it may have cost little more than what I paid in the charity shop, however I had to have it when I saw it – so I did!!
Sorry about the picture, please excuse the fact that I had just got in from work, and was heading down to the pub to meet S and his golfing buddys after their golf competition this afternoon.
Talking about scarves, I was reading another blog the other day, and the blogger was talking about how they’d found a copy of the famous Alexander McQueen scarf in River Island for a fraction of the price. She also went on to say that the adult seemed too long, so she’d opted for the young girls version. I took a look on the River Island website, and needless to say, I have now got 1 girls scarf winging its way to me from the River Island warehouse!
If you haven’t seen it, this is what it looks like:
(Picture sourced from River Island official website)
I love it! I seem to be in a scarf phase at the minute, I can’t get enough of them! What are your current obsessions?
I’m planning to do a post on my birthday haul over the next few days, so keep an eye out for that!
1. This is my day to day bag. It’s a brown, leather bag from New Look, which cost £23.99. I absolutely adore it <3 I bought it with the gift card my Aunt gave me for my 21st birthday, and I am going to use it religiously until it either breaks or until I find another one that I like just as much. The thing I like most about this bag is that it looks far more expensive than what it is.
2. Impulse, from all major retailers, “Into Glamour”. Apparently, this is a ‘blend of exotic oriental scents and citrus notes’. I rarely use it, as I always put on deodorant and perfume before I leave the house, but this is perfect for a quick spritz if you feel a tad self-conscious about yourself.
3. Purple makeup bag, Avon. This holds most of my day-to-day essential makeup products, and its almost always overflowing.
4. My purple Blackberry <3 I would be lost without this phone. I use it for all the obvious reasons, and then some. It is my way of keeping in contact with the rest of the world no matter where I am, and I have never had a better phone – fact.
5. Gold toiletry bag, Champneys. This bag originally came with a Champneys bath set that I bought for myself just before Christmas in the Sainsburys 3 for 2 offer. Since the bath products have now found their way into my bathroom, I use this bag to carry the rest of my makeup, my diary, any giftcards I have received, and any other little bits and bobs that would otherwise be floating around the bottom of my bag.
6. Brown mock-croc purse, Smooth Criminal. I am currently on the lookout for a new purse, and I didn’t even mean to buy this one in the first place! I’ve grown to love it over time, but the only reason I originally bought it was because I had no cash on me, and the item I was actually buying cost five pounds. My friend who works in the shop isn’t allowed to take card payments under ten pounds, so we both decided I should buy a new purse. This holds my life in it, pretty much. It holds my money, my bank cards, my loyalty cards, photos of my loved ones, receipts, everything you could ever imagine. A good purse is an essential, because those are the things you never want to lose.
7. My house keys. Pretty much says it on the tin. The reason for the Rottweiler keyring? I love Rottweilers, put simply. Blockbuster and Clubcard keyrings are self explanatory.
8. My inhaler. I have asthma, and although I don’t really suffer from it too much, I always carry an inhaler around with me just in case. Its also handy to have as most of my family and friends suffer from asthma too, and generally don’t carry one around with them!
9. My work keys. Again, pretty much explain themselves. My keyrings on there are ‘strawberries dipped in chocolate are the best type of fruit’, a name tag, and a rhinestone effect-studded pen from La Senza that my manager bought me for my birthday 🙂
Now, for the contents of my purple makeup bag.
10. Collection 2000 No.3 True Moisture Creme – the only pale lipstick I find that actually suits me.
11. No.17 Bronzer – I am never normally a fan of bronzer, however, this one brushes on easily and finely, and does not make any mess.
12. The purple makeup bag again.
13. Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Roll-On – handy for those dark circles under my eyes when I’ve been doing some pretty strenuous hours.
14. Lush Light Yellow Colour Supplement – I have only used this once, as I originally got it for free using a voucher from inside More Magazine. However, I must say this works wonders for me, and I will be buying it again.
15. Avon Color Trend Pencil Play in black – To be totally honest, I had used eyeliner maybe twice up until this year, as I just could not apply it to save my life. Now though, I wouldn’t dare live without it!
16.Avon True Colour eyeshadow in emerald – I have far too many eyeshadows, but this is my pick of the moment – the colour is just soft enough for day, but just about bright enough for night wear too.
17.Avon Mango Sorbet Lip Tint – I am not convinced as yet of this product, as it can seem a bit full on to me, however, I am prepared to give it another try and see if my opinion changes.
18.No 17 Makeup Brush – This came in a set with some other brushes that my friend bought me, and this was the one that I liked the most, thus it made its way into my makeup bag.
19. Diary 2011 – My best friend Sophie bought me this pocket-sized diary for Christmas, and its my own personal job rota -this is where I list all of my shifts, and any changes made in shift patterns, so that at the end of the month, I know how much money I am due in my wage packet. I could not do without this <3
20. Nivea Rose – This is the only lip care product, excluding Vaseline, that I have stayed loyal to over the years. It not only protects your lips but also brings them out in a little colour.
21. Vaseline – The must-have makeup staple. What can I say? This works wonders for everything!
22. Girl2Go Pocket Beauty Up The Volume Volumising Lip Balm – My friend Michelle bought me this for Christmas, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. You can really feel the difference after just one application.
23. Rimmel Stay Matte Mattifying Foundation in 001 Ivory – The one foundation I keep finding myself going back to. I can try and try more and more new products, but this will always remain in my top ten beauty must haves!
24 – Sex and The City Compact Mirror, Boots stores nationwide – My friend Sophie also bought me this for Christmas, knowing that I am a fan not only of Sex and The City, but also of pretty compact mirrors, and it has remained in my handbag ever since. I am not usually a fan of gold, but there is something about this mirror that I absolutely adore <3
Well, this was a look into my bag – one of many bags I own, I hasten to add – but more about that later. I hope you enjoyed. I would love to see what you all have inside your bags? Leave a link in the comments section if you have a similar post.