I found this little beauty in my local 99p store! The store only recently opened up – right next door to a pound shop – but I thought I’d take a look and see what I could find. I bought this, some batteries and Gordon Ramsay’s autobiography – I know, exciting, right?
However, I thought this would be good to review and finally tested it last night.
The application of the cream was okay – I must admit, I was disgusted by the feel of the cream whilst it was in the tub – it felt like cottage cheese – but once I’d started to apply it, it became smooth. But what do you expect for 99p?
It was a little greasy once applied, and ten minutes later, the skin around my mouth was a little dry and taut, but the rest of my face felt baby soft after an hour, and when I woke up this morning, my skin felt fantastic!
Obviously, after one use, I’m not going to notice any real difference, but for 99p, I’m not going to complain.
It isn’t going to become one of my beauty staples, but if you are on a very strict budget, I would definitely recommend it!
Available at all 99p stores, for the price of (yes, you’ve guessed it) 99p!
Have you found any bargains in your local 99p/£1 stores recently?
A friend of mine recently held a Neals Yard Remedies beauty party at her flat, and I promised myself I wouldn’t buy anything. However, I left the party having bought over thirty pounds worth of stuff for myself and my mum.
This evening, I am going to review two of these products. Firstly, the Rosemary and Cedarwood Hair Treatment. This claims to ‘add shine & condition to all hair types’. I applied it this afternoon, and completed the steps given on the tub. The treatment seems to be a wax, set into the tub, and you really have to rub your fingers around in order to get some onto your fingers in order to be able to apply it directly to your hair. Once applied, you have to leave the treatment on for thirty minutes, then apply shampoo, and rinse out of your hair. I left the treatment on slightly longer than thirty minutes then realised and panicked, however my hair has come out extremely shiny, and feels amazing – so i need not have worried. I will certainly be using this every two or three washes to give my hair the boost it needs.
Next I would like to review the Beautiful Skin Tea. I am sitting here drinking this now, and although it tastes quite nice, with the amount of berries and fruits in the tea, I would have thought there would be a bit more flavour to the tea. You have to leave it to infuse for ten minutes – I tried it at ten minutes and couldn’t taste anything so I left it a little longer. I am yet to see if this tea does benefit my skin, but I do feel that the flavours and taste could be improved slightly. I will keep you updated on how I feel this has affected my skin.
I also bought another tea, ( however, my Mum has stolen that from me at the minute, so I’m not too sure when I’ll be able to try it) and an energy roll-on for the pulse points, which hasn’t helped as yet, but I shall live in hope.
Have you ever tried any products from Neals Yard Remedies?
If so, what did you think of them?
I was very lucky this week to receive a free 7ml sample of Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder anti-ageing moisturiser through the post. (If you would like to receive free samples, visit Olay here , register & take a look at their samples and competitions once you have logged in).
Now, I have tried many moisturisers over the years, but as I sit here typing this, I can tell you that this is by far the best one I have tried. I applied it a couple of hours ago just after getting out the bath – and it claims to ‘wake up tired looking skin’. I will happily admit that my skin is not in the best shape this week, so I thought it was about time to treat my skin and to use my little sample.
My skin feels baby smooth, and I cannot stop touching my face. My boyfriend even commented on how soft my skin feels. Also, it has certainly brightened my skin – my skin doesn’t look grey, dull and lifeless, it actually looks young like its supposed to!
(Excuse the cans of Coke – my poison of choice on a Sunday evening)
I certainly believe I will be investing in the full-sized verson of this, as I have not yet found a moisturiser that makes my skin feels as this does.
Hi there, everyone!
Sorry I haven’t posted for a few days, a few things have been going on in my life that needed sorting out.
Anyway, today I got paid! RESULT! So I decided to visit the local charity shops and see what I could find.
To be honest, there wasn’t much around to be honest. I bought two books, ‘The Interpretation of Murder’ by Jed Rubenfield, a book set in Manhattan in 1909 (looks pretty interesting!), and ‘A Woman’s Courage’ by Jacqueline Gold, the woman who began the Ann Summers chain. This definitely looks like it could be an interesting read and I can’t wait to start reading it.
However, my favourite buy of the day was a scarf I found in Scope for £2. I’ve been wearing it down the pub tonight, and quite a few people complimented me on it. It looks pretty expensive, but I’ve only just noticed that its from Primark! Its absolutely gorgeous though!
How gorgeous is the print on this scarf though?
I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it! I know that considering the scarfs from Primark, that it may have cost little more than what I paid in the charity shop, however I had to have it when I saw it – so I did!!
Sorry about the picture, please excuse the fact that I had just got in from work, and was heading down to the pub to meet S and his golfing buddys after their golf competition this afternoon.
Talking about scarves, I was reading another blog the other day, and the blogger was talking about how they’d found a copy of the famous Alexander McQueen scarf in River Island for a fraction of the price. She also went on to say that the adult seemed too long, so she’d opted for the young girls version. I took a look on the River Island website, and needless to say, I have now got 1 girls scarf winging its way to me from the River Island warehouse!
If you haven’t seen it, this is what it looks like:
(Picture sourced from River Island official website)
I love it! I seem to be in a scarf phase at the minute, I can’t get enough of them! What are your current obsessions?
I’m planning to do a post on my birthday haul over the next few days, so keep an eye out for that!
1. This is my day to day bag. It’s a brown, leather bag from New Look, which cost £23.99. I absolutely adore it <3 I bought it with the gift card my Aunt gave me for my 21st birthday, and I am going to use it religiously until it either breaks or until I find another one that I like just as much. The thing I like most about this bag is that it looks far more expensive than what it is.
2. Impulse, from all major retailers, “Into Glamour”. Apparently, this is a ‘blend of exotic oriental scents and citrus notes’. I rarely use it, as I always put on deodorant and perfume before I leave the house, but this is perfect for a quick spritz if you feel a tad self-conscious about yourself.
3. Purple makeup bag, Avon. This holds most of my day-to-day essential makeup products, and its almost always overflowing.
4. My purple Blackberry <3 I would be lost without this phone. I use it for all the obvious reasons, and then some. It is my way of keeping in contact with the rest of the world no matter where I am, and I have never had a better phone – fact.
5. Gold toiletry bag, Champneys. This bag originally came with a Champneys bath set that I bought for myself just before Christmas in the Sainsburys 3 for 2 offer. Since the bath products have now found their way into my bathroom, I use this bag to carry the rest of my makeup, my diary, any giftcards I have received, and any other little bits and bobs that would otherwise be floating around the bottom of my bag.
6. Brown mock-croc purse, Smooth Criminal. I am currently on the lookout for a new purse, and I didn’t even mean to buy this one in the first place! I’ve grown to love it over time, but the only reason I originally bought it was because I had no cash on me, and the item I was actually buying cost five pounds. My friend who works in the shop isn’t allowed to take card payments under ten pounds, so we both decided I should buy a new purse. This holds my life in it, pretty much. It holds my money, my bank cards, my loyalty cards, photos of my loved ones, receipts, everything you could ever imagine. A good purse is an essential, because those are the things you never want to lose.
7. My house keys. Pretty much says it on the tin. The reason for the Rottweiler keyring? I love Rottweilers, put simply. Blockbuster and Clubcard keyrings are self explanatory.
8. My inhaler. I have asthma, and although I don’t really suffer from it too much, I always carry an inhaler around with me just in case. Its also handy to have as most of my family and friends suffer from asthma too, and generally don’t carry one around with them!
9. My work keys. Again, pretty much explain themselves. My keyrings on there are ‘strawberries dipped in chocolate are the best type of fruit’, a name tag, and a rhinestone effect-studded pen from La Senza that my manager bought me for my birthday 🙂
Now, for the contents of my purple makeup bag.
10. Collection 2000 No.3 True Moisture Creme – the only pale lipstick I find that actually suits me.
11. No.17 Bronzer – I am never normally a fan of bronzer, however, this one brushes on easily and finely, and does not make any mess.
12. The purple makeup bag again.
13. Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Roll-On – handy for those dark circles under my eyes when I’ve been doing some pretty strenuous hours.
14. Lush Light Yellow Colour Supplement – I have only used this once, as I originally got it for free using a voucher from inside More Magazine. However, I must say this works wonders for me, and I will be buying it again.
15. Avon Color Trend Pencil Play in black – To be totally honest, I had used eyeliner maybe twice up until this year, as I just could not apply it to save my life. Now though, I wouldn’t dare live without it!
16.Avon True Colour eyeshadow in emerald – I have far too many eyeshadows, but this is my pick of the moment – the colour is just soft enough for day, but just about bright enough for night wear too.
17.Avon Mango Sorbet Lip Tint – I am not convinced as yet of this product, as it can seem a bit full on to me, however, I am prepared to give it another try and see if my opinion changes.
18.No 17 Makeup Brush – This came in a set with some other brushes that my friend bought me, and this was the one that I liked the most, thus it made its way into my makeup bag.
19. Diary 2011 – My best friend Sophie bought me this pocket-sized diary for Christmas, and its my own personal job rota -this is where I list all of my shifts, and any changes made in shift patterns, so that at the end of the month, I know how much money I am due in my wage packet. I could not do without this <3
20. Nivea Rose – This is the only lip care product, excluding Vaseline, that I have stayed loyal to over the years. It not only protects your lips but also brings them out in a little colour.
21. Vaseline – The must-have makeup staple. What can I say? This works wonders for everything!
22. Girl2Go Pocket Beauty Up The Volume Volumising Lip Balm – My friend Michelle bought me this for Christmas, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. You can really feel the difference after just one application.
23. Rimmel Stay Matte Mattifying Foundation in 001 Ivory – The one foundation I keep finding myself going back to. I can try and try more and more new products, but this will always remain in my top ten beauty must haves!
24 – Sex and The City Compact Mirror, Boots stores nationwide – My friend Sophie also bought me this for Christmas, knowing that I am a fan not only of Sex and The City, but also of pretty compact mirrors, and it has remained in my handbag ever since. I am not usually a fan of gold, but there is something about this mirror that I absolutely adore <3
Well, this was a look into my bag – one of many bags I own, I hasten to add – but more about that later. I hope you enjoyed. I would love to see what you all have inside your bags? Leave a link in the comments section if you have a similar post.