It has now been two months since I last updated you on how I am getting on goal wise. My goals cover all aspects of my life and whilst I may not be actively working towards each of them every single moment of the day, I take solace in the fact that I have definitely done really well on some of them and am continuing to do so. So how am I doing?
- To find a better balance – This always crops up in my goals list as it is one I really struggle with. Whilst I still haven’t got it completely figured out yet, I am slowly getting there.
- Relaunch Keene On Saving – This has been a major fail but I’m hoping with the big changes we’ve got coming up, I’ll have more time to spend on the site.
- Guest post on 5-10 blogs in 2017 – Yes, this hasn’t happened – but for a good reason – I’m writing tons of freelance blog posts instead.
- Stick to my guns – I’ve been quite good about this and even recently raised my prices when designing my new media kit. I’ve now got clear rates for absolutely everything you can think of so hopefully I’ll start to see my sticking to my guns working for me.
- Build up on my Youtube and Instagram – My Instagram is growing at a steady pace and I’m very happy with it. I have started utilising Instagram stories and am loving Instagram as a social media. YouTube I’m making some headway with but not as much as I would have liked.
- Complete some blogging/money/organisation related e-courses or projects, free or paid for – I’ve done a few but I have a few more in mind that I would like to try out.
- Get some more long term clients – I now have a few different long term blog clients, one long term freelance client, four bloggers who use me regularly for VA work (two use me at least a few times each month) and have just picked up some more freelance work too. I’m loving working for these different clients as it provides me with a varied working day – I’m not doing the same thing day in, day out and I’m always writing on something new or doing something different. I’m very grateful.
- Get back to using my work website – I haven’t updated this in ages and definitely need to make more of an effort as I push my freelance side of things more.
- Finally get a staff writing job for another blog – This has been my freelancing aim for a few years now. One day I will achieve the goal!
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Lose the baby weight – This is coming off slowly and steadily. I’ve been struggling the past few weeks as we’ve just been so busy with things but hopefully with a couple of SP days this week on the Slimming World plan, I can get back into it properly again.
- Get back into exercising – I’ve barely exercised for months. The most I manage is walking but now that Olivia is a bit older, I plan on getting into my running again and perhaps doing some workouts at home.
- Enter more writing competitions – I’m yet to enter one but I am always checking the site I know of which lists competitions and will enter those that really take my fancy.
- Complete my GoodReads challenge – I’m woefully behind on reading – haven’t picked up a book in months as I just don’t have the time with Olivia, Jack and my freelance work.
- Get debt free or as close to debt free as possible – We are whittling this down bit by bit. Hopefully it will soon chip away to nothing.
- Increase my income – This is definitely a major win. I’ve increased my income exponentially from last year and I am very happy about this.
- Minimalise my belongings and sell what we don’t require – We’ve been selling loads, donating loads and throwing away loads. This is actually a goal that I am starting to make headway with.
This is how I’m doing with my 2017 goals. If you set some goals or objectives for this year, how are you doing?