I was very lucky this week to receive a free 7ml sample of Olay Total Effects Wake Up Wonder anti-ageing moisturiser through the post. (If you would like to receive free samples, visit Olay here , register & take a look at their samples and competitions once you have logged in).
Now, I have tried many moisturisers over the years, but as I sit here typing this, I can tell you that this is by far the best one I have tried. I applied it a couple of hours ago just after getting out the bath – and it claims to ‘wake up tired looking skin’. I will happily admit that my skin is not in the best shape this week, so I thought it was about time to treat my skin and to use my little sample.
My skin feels baby smooth, and I cannot stop touching my face. My boyfriend even commented on how soft my skin feels. Also, it has certainly brightened my skin – my skin doesn’t look grey, dull and lifeless, it actually looks young like its supposed to!
(Excuse the cans of Coke – my poison of choice on a Sunday evening)
I certainly believe I will be investing in the full-sized verson of this, as I have not yet found a moisturiser that makes my skin feels as this does.
I am so very sorry for the lack of posts recently. This weekend has been far more hectic than I ever expected and I have literally had no time to blog over the past couple of days. Thursday night, my friend and her boyfriend broke up rather badly, and my Friday evening was spent looking after her.
Another of my friends has been in hospital for three weeks, and was released on Friday – it was his birthday on Saturday, so me and S invited him and my friend who’d just split up with her boyfriend, round for a curry and a movie night.
I was going to blog a lot yesterday, but I was so exhausted from looking after everybody else over the previous days, that I only got up about 1pm, and I was going for a family meal at 4pm! I was also going to blog about my meal, but my camera packed up, and the service was so slow, that I didn’t arrive home until after 8pm – I eventually blogged a short post, but all I wanted was to curl up on the sofa with a good book, and a steaming mug of hot chocolate, which is exactly what I did.
Today is the first day I’ve actually had to gather my thoughts, and what a luxury it has been! Tomorrow I probably will not post as well, as I have an all day shift at work, then I am meeting another friend of mine, who has recently split up with her boyfriend. Girly night with wine or cocktails is obviously on the cards!
How was your weekend? Hope you all had a great couple of days! Why don’t you comment & let me know? Also, is anyone interested in the ‘Five Favourite Things’ feature? I am planning on kickstarting this within the next couple of days, as well as finally putting up the post about my 21st birthday beauty haul!
Well, as you know, I went to a family meal earlier on, and decided beforehand I was going to take a load of pictures to put in my album – and finally fill it up after three years! (See, I told you that you had to be special to be in it!)
Unfortunately, my camera decided to give up the ghost and wouldn’t even turn on for me to take pictures. So now, all I have is a couple of pictures of me, my Mum and my Nan, rather than the whole family 🙁
I’m really disappointed in it to be perfectly honest, but at least it means I can pester S to buy me a new one!
I was going to write a long post tonight, however, I’m in the mood to curl up on the sofa with a good book (I’m currently reading Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella), in front of the fire, with either a glass of chilled Lift lemon tea (it’s so yummy!) or an Options hot chocolate – I’m slightly swaying towards the hot chocolate at the minute! I’m also going to take the time to finish putting my photos that I recently got printed from Photobox into my album.
If you haven’t tried Photobox, I’d take a look – it’s certaintly one of the cheapest places around to get your photos printed, and the range of photo products they do is amazing! Once me and S move into our own place, I will be investing in a small canvas of us two for one of the rooms!
What do you like to do on a Sunday evening? Feel free to comment & let me know!
I finally got myself another one of those bags from Boots, it’s a Celia Birtwell for Shapers lunch bag. It costs £1 and 41p of that goes to Macmillan Cancer Care.
I almost always venture into Boots for my lunch, and Macmillan Cancer Care (as mentioned in previous posts) is very special to me, so anything that helps them is fine by me!
How gorgeous is this little thing? And if you don’t want to put your lunch in it, its perfect for just putting in the little essentials such as purse, keys, makeup, phone etc, and using as an albeit slightly smaller day-to-day bag.
“Through their long-term partnership, Macmillan Cancer Support and Boots UK want to improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer.”
(Quote taken from official press release)
Also, Boots are also currently running their £5 No7 voucher deal if you spend over £5 in store. Its a great offer that runs sporadically throughout the year, and you’ll regret it if you don’t snap some vouchers up.
As the picture says, don’t forget to spend it! I constantly end up with at least two or three in my purse after the end date – I really must stop spending so much money in there!
This is quite a short post today, but I shall post later on – this afternoon, I’m going for a family meal, so expect a picture heavy post and a lot more rambling 🙂
I’m thinking of introducing a guest post on my blog, where other bloggers tell me their five favourite things, and then explain why they’re so special to them.
Would any of you be interested in reading that? Or would any of you like to contribute?
All I ask is that if you do contribute, you link your guest post to your blog too 🙂
I shall start with a post of my five favourite things, and if you wish to contribute, please just click the ‘Five Favourite Things’ tab at the top.
1. S and my family – Pretty obvious why, and also pretty obligatory. They mean the world to me, and are always there for me, and I seriously don’t know what I did to deserve S. Yes, we have ups and downs like most couples, however, he’s perfect for me, and I couldn’t imagine life without him.
2. My photo album – This holds 1000 photographs and I’m currently trying to fill the last twenty-odd pages up with all the pictures off my Facebook! Obviously, as time goes on, people change, and there have been the odd few removals from the pages of this album, however I do have a box full of photos from school, of me and friends that I’ve grown apart from. You have to be pretty special to make it into this album! There’s pictures of my Nan who died in 1999, taken in the 1960’s, yet theres also pictures from about a month ago of me and my girls! Apart from S of course, this would be the first thing I would save in a fire because it means the world to me.
Dream, Believe, Inspire. This is the quote on the front of the photo album, and I love it. So heart-warming.
3. My girls & boys – There’s not many of them, but they know who they are. The people who’ve been there through thick and thin, and come out the other side with me, still standing by my side. I have many acquaintances, but these people I’m proud to call my friends 🙂
4. Entering competitions – My Nan and Dad used to encourage me to enter competitions when I was younger, but I always used to do so half-heartedly. However, recently, I’ve had a new urge to enter them, and although I haven’t won a great deal, nothing beats an unexpected win through the post.
5. Homeware –As some of you may know, me and S are looking to move as soon as we can, and buy our own place. So, even though we haven’t found anywhere just yet, you can often find me looking at websites such as Ideal Homes, and I often pick up a copy of Your Home magazine, generally to get some ideas, and to be nosy and look at the readers homes! I can’t wait to have our own proper place that we can finally put our own stamp on.
So there we have it – my five favourite things. What are yours? If you’re interested, just click on the tab above.