What do you like to spend your money on? For this Up Your Wealth Wednesday post, I thought it would be a good post to talk about the things that me and Steve don’t mind spending our hard earned cash on. There will also be another post very soon discussing the things we do really mind forking out for.
- A holiday every couple of years – Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean an all out extravagant holiday, just a few days away from home whether we are staying in the UK or going abroad, usually a UK break. Working from home means I often get cabin fever and sometimes just need a little break.
- A car – Whilst it doesn’t have to be the newest car on the market (ours is a 2007 reg), Steve needs a car to get to work so this is a necessity. We need to spend that money on the car for him to earn money!
- TV – I don’t go out, I rarely drink, I rarely even go shopping except for groceries. My only real expense is my TV package, internet connection and our phones. Most people downgrade to the smallest package possible when budgeting but we have always managed to negotiate amazing deals with our TV providers when we threaten to downgrade or leave. Being at home all the time with Jack and with a partner who works strange shifts means I often work at nights when Steve is doing night shifts and Jack is asleep. This can often mean that I may get bored throughout the day and thus TV is my time to chill out and relax.
- House Maintenance Outsourcing – Whilst we do privately rent, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t costs involved with the upkeep of the house. With Steve working weird hours (and working almost constantly in the summer!) and my lack of gardening skills whatsoever, we don’t mind hiring our family friend to help us out every couple of months and keep us to the terms of our rental agreement. He keeps our garden looking ship-shape and we are happy. Other things that need doing we do ourselves or call in someone from the letting agents.
- Wedding – This may be shocking but when it eventually happens I will keep costs as minimal as possible BUT I will be budgeting for those things we really want
Finally and some may not agree but..
- Skincare – I don’t fork out a lot on make up when there are some fantastic affordable brands out there, but I will splurge a little on good quality skincare if I need to. I do have a few budget skincare staples but my skin does tend to favour brands like Origins and if they are working, I’m not going to begrudge a few extra pounds here or there.
My list is probably a lot different to yours. What would be on yours – what don’t you mind spending money on?